Xioami, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer is on a roll and is rolling out the MIUI 10 Global stable ROM for many of its smartphones. The new update i.e. the MIUI 10.3.6.0.Global Stable ROM for the Redmi 6 [V10.3.6.0.PCGMIXM] is still based on the Android 8.1 OREO. An update by the OEM is always a good sign which shows that the company is constantly trying to fix the bugs and also bring in new features for the devices. Moreover, if you are the owner of the Redmi 6 (codename “cereus”) then, in this post we will also give you the links to download the MIUI 10.3.6.0. Global Stable ROM as well.
However, note that if you are running the MIUI developer version currently then, flash a stable version to install this new MIUI 10 update on your device. As the flashing of this stable version will wipe off the data stored on your device so, it is advised to make a complete backup of the data before flashing this update. Moreover, the update weighs around 1.4GB in size and all the updates will be rolled out via OTA. So, this would take some time to reach your device. However, if you do not want to wait and want to install the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi 6 (cereus), then follow the post till the end to download and install it. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android Pie
- App lock
- New: Face unlock support
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Fix: Call time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Improved display options for landscape orientation
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Mi Cloud
- New: Xiaomi Cloud items can appear in the search results of the Settings app
- Fix: Sync status wasn’t always displayed correctly
Download MIUI V10.3.6.0.Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6 (cereus)
Note that the MIUI V10.3.6.0.Global Stable ROM update is for the Redmi 6 smartphone with codename “cereus”. You might have noticed in the official changelog that this new update brings in the Android Security update or patch for the month of September 2019. You can read the complete Android Security Bulletin for the month of September 2019 by clicking here. Moreover, there is not many new features or anything arriving on the Redmi 6 smartphone with this update.
You can check for the updates on your device and install the update received on your device via OTA, by following the below steps carefully;
- Firstly, head to the Settings menu on your Redmi 6.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the About Phone.
- Here, tap on the Software Update option.
- If the update has arrived on your device then, you will see MIUI V10.3.6.0. update notification.
- Tap on it to install it on your device.
- Once the installation is done tap on Reboot.
- Now, the MIUI V10.3.6.0. [V10.3.6.0.PCGMIXM] will be installed and the device will reboot automatically.
However, for some or any reason, if your device has not yet received the MIUI 10 latest version update on your device, you can follow the below guide to install the update manually on your device. Just make sure to take a complete backup and follow the steps very carefully.
- This update is only for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 (codenamed cereus).
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your data stored on your device.
- You require an active internet connection.