Today Xiaomi has started rolling out a new firmware update to its Mi 9 SE (codenamed: grus) device models globally. The firmware update is rolling out via batches and may take some time. Here in this article, we will share with you the steps, link, and requirements to download and install MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 9 SE (V10.3.3.0.PFBMIXM).
Meanwhile, you can manually install the update on your device as well. This update is based on Android Pie and for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE Global variant. So, if you’re using the Global variant device then check out the full guide to update your Mi 9 SE in easy steps.
Xiaomi MIUI is one of the developer-friendly and easily customizable custom skins after OxygenOS. It’s a redesigned Custom User Interface based on Android, provides a smoother and stable user experience. However, before entering into the smartphone business, Xioami was known for its MIUI OS. It also offers so many features and customizations than other Stock ROMs. Currently, Xiaomi has started rolling the MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM update globally for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus).
The update brings July 2019 Android Security Patch, improved performance and added bug fixes. Check out the full changelog at below:
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.3.0.PFBMIXM for Mi 9 SE
- New: An option for smoothening notch curves on full screen devices
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to July 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can choose not to show the fingerprint icon on the turned off screen. Fingerprint unlock will still work normally.
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Optimization: Fingerprint scanner couldn’t be used when TalkBack was on
- Fix: Battery-related floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Fix: Screen didn’t always light up for notifications
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- New: New modes for AI camera
- New: Panoramas for the front camera
- New: Enhanced low light mode
- Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
Check OTA Update on Mi 9 SE (grus)
You can check the update manually for your Mi 9 SE to the latest version of MIUI, MIUI 10.3.3.0 by following these steps mentioned below:
- Go to the device Settings on your Mi 9 SE.
- Tap on About Phone section > then tap on Software Update.
- If the update is available for your device then it will show instantly. Now, tap on Download option.
- Now, wait for the complete download and tap on the Install button to install the update completely.
- Once the installation completes, Reboot your device.
- It will take a few minutes and your device will boot into a new system.
- ROM file supported only on the Mi 9 SE device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Charge the phone battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup without any root of your device data before doing anything.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.